Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Arizona, Don't Ever Change, OK?

This summer has been some very Strange weather.
Monsoon Season here officially starts around July 1st, yet last night's storm is the 1st real Rain of the season, here at 'da Farm'.






What made it oddly memorable, was the fact that the Sun shone through this entire storm!


The wind blew HARD, from the Northeast! The rain came from every direction at once,
leaving little doubt that 'da Farm' was right smack-dab in the middle of a strange & powerful storm cell.



I took a lot of pictures of it.

My horses were soggy, even on their own front porch under shelter.
My chickens were seriously soggy, but thrilled by the bugs washed out by the rain.



This all happened within 40 minutes, just Sunset time. It dropped over 2 inches of water, blew down a couple fence panels and a bunch of tomato plants
(No Biggie: I've retied tomatoes, and dug several postholes today fixing fences)

It ended up looking like this:





I really like where I live, despite the fact I've announced in no uncertain terms that I'd move if I could..
Southeast Arizona in Monsoon Season.. just rocks.

I need to get back into the habit of Blogging, since I truly enjoy reviewing what I saw/thought/wrote in some detail.
I don't see that 'detailin' in much of Facebook or Twitter tweeting, yanno?

No comments: